Friday, April 25, 2008

Ongoing Project : Simplicity 3507

Ok, so the dress is almost complete. Unfortunately I haven't quite learned the whole pattern sizing thing. I measure, then pick the right size according to my measurements, but something is not quite right. It's rare for one of my projectes to end up fitting snug. Usually everything turns out ginormous and requires a lot of adjusting! Again, this project has fallen into that oversized category. To fix that, I've decided to make a belt so that I can create a waist instead of it looking like a sac! I won't be using this belt. I tied it on just to get an idea of what it would look like. I'll probably end up making one from the same fabric as the dress. I suppose I am testing its potential! It looks not so bad; on the dress form anyways! In reality, I am not so sure the dress will end up looking so nice with constant movement on a human body. For now, I'll admire it in its stillness....


1 comment:

Celia said...

You know, I can't figure out the sizing charts on those patterns either. Everything always ends up being about 2 sizes too big, no matter what I do!!